International WorkshopCOST Action FA0904 “Characterisation, Mechanics and Performance of Innovative Polymer Nanomaterials for Food Packaging Application”
Varna, Bulgaria, September 24-25, 2013
Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Institute of Mechanics, Open Laboratory for Experimental Micro and Nano Mechanics, as a member of COST Action FA0904, invites you to the International Workshop “Characterisation, Mechanics and Performance of innovative polymer nanomaterials for food packaging application”, under the COST FA0904 ”Eco-sustainable food packaging based on polymer nanomaterials”
The workshop will be held at “Frederic Joliot-Curie” Hotel Congress Spa Complex near Varna, Bulgaria, 24-25, 2013. It will be organized jointly with the 12th National Congress on Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, 23-26 September 2013, “Sts. Constantine and Helena”, Varna, Bulgaria. (http://nctam.imbm.bas.bg/index.php/nctam/12nctam)
Contact for the Workshop: email@example.com
The workshop will be related to Working Groups 1, 2 and 4 of the COST Action FA0904. WG1 is responsible for the “Development and characterization of new safe PNFP” selecting the constituents for development of improved / active / intelligent food packaging polymer nano-materials, being effective in real applications.
WG2 is related to the “Development of new processing technologies including modelling and simulation”.
WG4 deals with “Ethics, standardization and science-society dialog on PNFP”.
The following topics will be covered by the International Workshop in Varna:
1. Innovative PNFP compositions and processing technology;
2. Mechanics and rheology of nanomaterials – characterizations and modeling;
3. Improved properties of PNFP based on nanoscale and interfacial concept;
4. Structure at the hybrid interfaces and structure-property relationships;
5. Performance of PNFP at different processing and exploitation conditions;
6. Societal aspects of PNFP.